What tools do you use?
Since I'm a bread nerd, I have picked up a lot of gadgets over the years, but mostly have old favorites. I thought it might be fun to compare what tools we have and how we like them. It might also be helpful for newbies who are just adding to their collections.
So here's a "survey". Feel free to add to this if you think of more, I was just brainstorming here:
1. Mixer: Which mixer do you use, or are you a hands-only purist? :)
2. First Proof: Do you have a favorite bowl or container for rising doughs, preparing poolish, or saving sourdough?
3. Shaping Loaves: Do you use a scale for weighing ingredients or loaves? What do you use for dividing dough and shaping loaves?
4. Second proof: What are your favorite baskets, couches and pans for rising your loaves?
5. Baking: What kind of hearth stone do you use, tools for slashing laoves, and do you use a peel to transfer loaves into the oven? And ovens--what's your preference: Gas or Electric, convection, or do you prefer the weber grill? :)
Don't mean this to be serious (or a competition!) but have fun and show my your toys! :)