KoMo, Mockmill, and Salzburger...
Hi, first thread here...
I'm having trouble choosing my first mill. I've nixtamalized corn and ground it via a hand crank for a while, sometimes I turn small amounts of things like millet or teff to flour in my Vitamix. So, I figured it's time to also stop buying store bought flour.
I have looked into all the mills and come to these...
- KoMo Classic
- Mockmill 200 (or Professional)
- Salzburger MAX SPEZIAL or MT 5 ED (no plastic edition)
A few questions now.
- Regarding the KoMo vs. Mockmill, if you choose the Lino (wooden) version of the Mockmill, what then is the difference between it and a KoMo? It looks like the Mockmill has a more powerful motor. That means it'll grind fast but heat them up more? A variable speed setting on these would be nice.
- What's the difference between Salzburger models I listed? There's a chart and it shows that they have the same exact performance for every food source. Is it just the style?
- Lastly, do any of these really heat the grains up too much? I am willing to double mill, coarse then fine, to reduce heat.
Edit: due to the motor, I think I've settled on the MT 12, no plastic, which other users here seem to have and enjoy.