My first high rye loaf
Week #2 of working on my list of TFL'er bakes I've been wanting to try. This week was one of Ilya's rye bakes. Well, not exactly one of his bakes, but with his guidance and tips, I tried this recipe from Rus Brot.
Overall, the bake went really well I think. Each step of the process went according to the video, and I had similar results. My only difficulty was proofing temperature. My maximum temp is 84-85 deg F, so I was a little low on the final dough fermentation and the final proof temps. However, everything progressed just fine even at the slightly lower temps. I also had a to guess a little bit on the consistency of the final dough, and I added 10g of water above what's listed in the method below.
It looks like I maybe blistered the crust, and I think it happened on the second misting towards the end of the bake. My guess is it should have been a light mist, and I moistened it quite well.
This was a great first bake for high rye, and the bread smells great! Giving it at least a day before slicing it.