Suggestions wanted for diet that includes bread
I was and am overweight (was 213 lbs, now 198 lbs). I decided to see what all the hype was about the Ketogenic diet. I have been following a Ketogenic diet for about 3 months now and I have steadily lost 15 lbs. Problem is, I very much enjoy and miss baking and eating breads.
Keto diet Pros:
- I can eat as much as I want, as long as that food has near zero net carbs (carbs minus indigestible ingredients like alcohol sugars and fiber).
- I am steadily loosing weight.
- More consistent energy throughout the day, zero post meal energy drops. (I don't think this is directly tied to the ketogenic diet, I also felt this way when I was on a zero sugar diet a few years ago). I think chemically, the energy swings were directly related to my blood sugar levels being on a roller coaster when eating easy to digest energy sources (refined flours, sugars, etc.)
- My cravings for snack food are easier to manage. I still want them, but for some reason I have more ability to control myself. My wife baked some sourdough english muffins last week, I ate a bite with butter... BEST TASTING THING IN THE WORLD. No doubt my rave review was because I hadn't had sourdough baked goods for a month in a half.
Keto diet Cons:
- I can't eat real bread, it simply has too many net carbs.
- Keto friendly snack foods are hard to come by and so far don't taste that great.
- I am always hungry, which is odd, since I feel like I am eating a decent amount of food and I can eat as much as I want.
I still want to hit my goal of reaching a weight of 180 lbs. But, I was wondering, for you skinny bread eaters out there, what do you do to stay slim while still baking and eating bread on a regular basis?