Two in a row is a good way to end the week
After making my first successful loaf earlier this week, the goal this weekend was to see if I could reproduce that first loaf using my starter directly from the refrigerator. If I could do that, it would go a long way towards building some confidence. Happy to say that I think I've got two in a row!
I was a little nervous that it wouldn't work, so I increased inoculation from 20g to 22g. In hind sight, if it wasn't going to work, I doubt the extra 2g of seed would have helped, but it made me feel better in the moment. :-) I shortened bulk fermentation from 12.5 to 9 hours (was good and jiggly), increased the second rise from 2 to 2.75 hours, and did a 2.5 hour cold retard. After watching the videos in this post https://www.thefreshloaf.com/node/67310/old-video-dough-trough-wfo, I decided I could get a little more aggressive with degassing the dough during pre-shape and final shape. I'll see if that was a good choice when I make the first slice. I got good oven spring, so early indications are promising.