The Fresh Loaf

News & Information for Amateur Bakers and Artisan Bread Enthusiasts

3rd bake with Caputo Integrale

yozzause's picture
yozzause

3rd bake with Caputo Integrale

On the spur of the moment decided to have another run with the Caputo Integrale this time  using Potato, Rosemary and Thyme. I soaked the Caputo again 65% but this time just plain water 65% and again 0.5 yeast for 2 hours .Then mixed the remaining White plain flour 35%, salt 2%, malt 2%, potato 10%, butter 2%. rosemay and thyme  3:1 ratio 0.5%. mixed on the bench and bulk proved for 2 hours. divided handed up and bench rested  then shaped and into bannetons that were dusted with dark rye flour within half an hour,  placed in plastic bags and final proofed, 1 in the fridge  and the other on the bench for 1 hour and 15 minutes. the first loaf baked on a pizza tray with a steaming towel in a tray on the bottom of the oven and the second  was baked in a cold Schlemmertopf straight after.  

the one below is the 2nd loaf baked in the Schlemmertoph

Comments

Benito's picture
Benito

Derek delicious looking loaves.  Did you add potato flakes/flour or mashed?  

Benny

yozzause's picture
yozzause

Hi Benny i boiled the potatoes,  ruby lou's and then i mashed them with the butter and added to the mix like that.

Benito's picture
Benito

Ah I bet it was absolutely delicious and nice and moist then, lovely.

yozzause's picture
yozzause

Thanks Benny i guess i will have a go at the CB Rye especially as a tribute to Eric as he was one of the first people on TFL to welcome me to the group and was always encouraging in his words and wisdom. Not unlike yourself in many ways with your time and responses to so many in this group!

Im thinking while i have the Caputo Integrale and some Dark Rye on hand perhaps i could  conduct a marriage of the two! time to get the thinking cap on, perhaps a dash of stout in there too! Hmm

Kind regards Derek

Benito's picture
Benito

Sounds like Eric was a really good guy and was taken far before his time, I never had the pleasure of “meeting” him.

I’ll look forward to your bake of the rye, I’m planning on trying Eric’s recipe for rye but using some of Dan’s idea on dough development.

Benny