Nutrimill Broke, Fixed it Myself
I thought someone might find this useful.
My wife was milling some hard white wheat the other day. On the second batch of berries, she went to turn on the mill and it wouldn't work. I had heard that Nutrimill has a great warranty, so I called them and the lady I talked to was really nice. I admitted that I had received the Nutrimill used as a gift from my grandfather and she informed me that my Nutrimill was no longer eligible for free warranty repairs.
I guess I could have hung up and called back a few days later pretending to be someone else and probably got the thing fixed for free, but I didn't feel right about that. So, without a warranty to worry about voiding, I opened up the nutrimill and took it completely apart, all the way down to pulling off the grinding discs.
Turns out, the machine is super super simple on the inside, including the grinding discs. When I first inspected everything, I totally missed the root cause of my problems, I didn't actually need to take as much stuff apart. There was an electronic switch that is easily accessible and easily replaceable that had melted and my voltmeter confirmed was no longer working. This particular type of switch is very common, so I bought a new one off of Amazon. Amazon had about 50 listings with switches that would have worked, I ended up picking the least expensive that seemed to be sold by a good vendor.
The replacement switch was a drop in replacement and had I known exactly what to replace, would have been about 5 minutes worth of work.