A couple of iterations to the previous post
In a never-ending quest to improve, for the next couple of loaves I decided to make some changes. The loaf above had the water upped just a bit to 73.5%, because want to try making an even more airy crumb. I also had a mix of flours 50/50 of KA bread flour and Wegmans unbleached all-purpose, simply because I ran out of BF. :-)
Levain (100% hydration) - 50g starter, 50g warm water, 50g KA WW flour, mixed in the morning and put in warm place.
Water - 290g + 20g for salt
Flour - 200g KA BF + 250g Wegmans AP
Salt - 10g
Flour total 450+75 (from levain) =525
Water total 310+75 (from levain) =385
Flour - 100%
Water - 73.3%
Salt - 1.9%
My schedule was thrown off somewhat because we had friends visited, decided to go out, and the dough sat for 2 hrs in a bowl after the first stretch and fold. Still, I think it recovered fine in the end.
I tried to create a flower when scoring it, hoping it would bloom in the oven like a tulip, but I don't think it worked. Will try again next time.
I also made the same recipe with some seeds, because I just love breads with "stuff" in them. it came out perfectly:
I simply added 45g of lightly toasted mix of pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, white sesame, flax, and chia (that's all I had at home). Mixed it all in when I was adding salt, after the autolyse was done, and baked the same way. In retrospect, I probably should have toasted pumpkin seeds first, and then add the rest, since they still felt a bit raw.
The crumb looked nice, and the taste was wonderful!