February 3, 2017 - 3:36pm
Improvement from last loaf [tartine country recipe - 65% hydration]
Still learning and my shaping is still quite noticeably bad, but I can feel big improvements from my last few bakes. The scoring was easier this time also.
Went for 65% hydration, going to slowly build up to 80%.
- Made leaven in the morning and left until I got back from work.
- Mixed dough, left to rest, added salt, begun BF.
- 2 1/2 hours of BF @ room temp with 6 turns.
- Dough then placed in fridge overnight to continue BF.
- Initial shaping, bench rest + final shaping before proving in bannetons back in the fridge, finishing just after 8am.
- Heated oven and begun bake around 6pm.