February 3, 2017 - 3:36pm
Improvement from last loaf [tartine country recipe - 65% hydration]
Still learning and my shaping is still quite noticeably bad, but I can feel big improvements from my last few bakes. The scoring was easier this time also.
Went for 65% hydration, going to slowly build up to 80%.
- Made leaven in the morning and left until I got back from work.
- Mixed dough, left to rest, added salt, begun BF.
- 2 1/2 hours of BF @ room temp with 6 turns.
- Dough then placed in fridge overnight to continue BF.
- Initial shaping, bench rest + final shaping before proving in bannetons back in the fridge, finishing just after 8am.
- Heated oven and begun bake around 6pm.
You got an amazing crust and crumb! Looks delicious! Well done!
thank you for taking the time to post these photos! You have some beautiful loaves
What a lovely moist-looking crumb! I bet they tasted good too. Well done!
Thank you guys, I'm feeling inspired after making these. Moving forward now to work on shaping.