100% whole wheat
Reused the previous whole spelt recipe for this one. This dough felt a lot stiffer than spelt, but still the hydration could be lowered a bit.
- 15% pre-fermented flour (stiff starter), 86% hydration
- 0.5h autolyse
- mixed in salt and starter
- 2.5h bulk fermentation
- divided and pre-shaped very lightly
- ~20 min rest
- shaped and proofed ~45 min
- baked 20 min with steam, 40 min without @ 220 C
The crumb looks much better in the picture than in real life. This is dense.
I was expecting it to be bitter(ish), but this is actually very tasty.