advice for my first loaf
I've been taking really good care of my starter for about a month and it seems very healthy!
I'm hoping to actually bake with it for the first time soon. I was going to try this recipe: http://www.thefreshloaf.com/node/24691/sourdough-recipe-beginners  (but if anyone else has a different recommendation that would be great too!) I have a few of questions about it--
1. If I am feeding my starter equal weights of flour and water, am I at 100% hydration regardless of how much starter I have? (it looks like a lot of people have 1:2:2, but I have been doing 1:1:1)
2. It says to "Create some steam" by putting a cup of water in the oven. Am i supposed to leave this water in there the whole time I'm baking the loaf, or do I just create a little steam and then take it out?
3. My scale isn't digital or of particularly good quality...will it matter much if the measurments aren't perfect?
4. It says to refrigerate it overnight. Does it matter exactly how long? I have a weird work schedule and might need to leave it in the fridge for over 24 hrs.
5. It doesn't say what type of flour to use. The flour I have at home and that I have been feeding my starter is "white whole wheat" flour (unbleached), will this be fine?
5. Any other tips for a first time sourdough baker?
Thanks so much!!