Today I made the basic sourdough from BBA with 50% semolina. I also did an extremely long autolyse and increased the hydration about 1 oz.
The dough was pretty hard to handle so i was not thrilled with my shaping job, but the crumb turned out pretty well.
I have been increasing my proofing times as well, because my loaves have seemed pretty tight crumbed and I thought it was probably because of the relatively cool temperatures here. I was proofing about 6 1/2 hours before, not counting any time in the refridgerator, but I've been slowly increasing to today I let it go for a little over 7 1/2 hours and I still think it possibly could've waited longer. Anyway, the crust. It's really dark, bordering on burned. Darker than it looks in the picture here. Now I do like to bake to a relatively dark crust so it doesn't get soft too fast, but this crust seems like it is browning really quickly. And one of the bottoms is getting pretty close to being too dark too. I am baking on a stone and I even moved the rack up one space and doubled up the parchment. I guess I will just have to watch it closer and take it out a little sooner. And maybe get a thermometer....:)