Panettone al Cioccolato e Arancia
Thanks Luciana for posting this recipe.
Gotta love chocolate!
Recipe source: http://www.panperfocaccia.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=16418
Final dough moulded and later fully risen.
- 230g flour, I used very strong
- 90g sugar
- 120g egg yolks
- 100g water
- 80g butter
- 100g natural yeast, refreshed three times prior
- 50g flour
- 20g egg yolks
- 15g sugar
- 60g butter
- 2.5g salt
- 60g cocoa paste (1/3 cocoa +1/3 butter + 1/3 sugar)
- 130g candied orange cubes
- 100g chocolate chips, I used 50g milk / 50g dark
- zest of 1 lemon
- zest of 1 orange
- seeds of 1 vanilla pod
- 15-20g water to adjust dough consistency
Up close before before being scored with a cross and cooling upside down after the bake.
After cooling completely, this panettone was wrapped and left to mature for 5 days before being cut into… The texture was the best I’ve had so far, very bready and very shreddy. For my taste this could have done with a little more salt even though I did raise it to 3 grams already.
Various photos of the crumb.