Flax seed Sourdough, what a hit
Here's my first loaf to place on The Fresh Loaf, hope you enjoy it!
Today I’m baking with Flax seeds . I like the nutty taste of these tiny brown seeds and if only part is true about the benefits, Flax seeds are also amazingly healthy.I changed 6 things with this recipe:
- I used 100 grams more water because I soaked the flax seeds in boiling water and when cooled enough added the water too.
- I used rye flour and added whole wheat bran, instead of only rye flour.
- An autolyse of more than 3 hours in stead of the required 1 hour.
- After bulk fermentation I gently formed a kind of batard with the help of flour and dough cutter without pre-shape placed it directly in the floured banneton.
- I placed a wet towel (instead of a plastic bag) on top of the banneton and let the dough proof.
- I baked the loaf at approx. 230°C. My oven only heats from the bottom and to get a brown color on the bread it needs more heat. And it’s very difficult to adjust the temperature without a proper thermometer.