My first bread after joining TFL - DSnyder's San Joaquin
My first attempt at making SD using S&F, long retard and David's parchment paper technique. The only change I made was using 50 g of home ground WW berries instead of the rye that David used. No rye to be found anywhere. I also used a WW, and AP flour build for the levain. I'm not sure what David's was but I am guessing he had some rye in it. I was very happy with the results. Nice exterior crust, great open crumb and fine taste. It was better the next day too. I liked it with oiive oil, fresh basil, pecorino, parm and pepper. On Davids's blog you see my ordeal trying to bake the San Joaquin. He said my saga proves his recipe is bullet proof :-) It is bullet proof too! There is also a photo of my second recipe of my home made Puff Paste Blueberry Cream Cheese Braid inspired by the one on TFL with bread instead of puff paste. What a great site for bakers like me!!!