August 5, 2011 - 9:49am
Soft Garlic Knots
http://dessert-before-dinner.blogspot.com/ Soft Garlic Knots
- 3 cups (480 grams) bread flour
- 1 pack active yeast (2 ¼ tsp)
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp lukewarm water
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsp melted salted butter
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley or 1 Tbsp fresh chopped italian parsley
- Mix sugar, yeast and ¼ cup warm water to let yeast proof for 10 minutes
- Combined flour, yeast mixture, salt, olive oil, milk and remaining water in a large bowl, stirring until it comes together.
- Knead for 8 minutes on floured work surface until dough passes the window pane test.
- Form dough into a lose round and let proof in a greased, covered bowl for 1 hour until doubled in size.
- Divide dough into 8 pieces and shape into knots. Roll dough into a long rope like you would a pretzel. Tie a knot in the center.
- Fold the rope underlying the knot over the top, and fold the rope overlying underneath, securing in the center.
- Let rise another 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- While dough is rising, melt butter and combine it with garlic, oregano and parsley
- Brush butter over knots just before baking. Bake around 15-20 minutes until golden