New Nutrimill - now I have some questions...
I am so excited!! I received my Nutrimill grain mill today!!
I ran 2 cups of wheat through the mill as per the instructions....I have a couple of questions.
1. After milling, do you break down the machine and wash all of it?? If not, which pieces do you wash? Do you take the rubber gaskets off and wash?
2. I noticed an electrical smell when I was milling and moved the upper dial (motor) toward the right for coarser flour. Is this normal? I wanted to see how coarse I could get the flour, but stopped when I smelled the electrical smell. Should I be worried? Should I be worried about moving the dials around??
3. What setting do you set for flour? (for making bread).
4. Do you leave the hopper extension ring on?? I wanted to put it back in the bowl and I wasn't able to get it back in and put the lid one (without damaging the black rubber gasket).
5. Do you sift your flour when making cake flour or other??
Oh, I just love my mill!! I got it from www.organicwheatproducts.com  AND I received some lovely grain from her...the grain was so squeeky clean, I was delighted!! The other grain I had ordered from a mill and it was not nearly as clean...
That is all my questions for now...thank you so much :)