Using Peter Reinharts Mother Starter and Whole Grain Struan Formula for a Loaf of Sourdough
Hello everyone, i am new to sourdough and want to attempt a sourdough version of Peter Reinharts Struan bread and would like your opinion on the method i came up with.
- 198g Water
- 60g Hodgeson Mills Rye Flour
- 35g Arrowhead Mills Kamut Flour
- 45g Sunflower Seed Flour
- 40g Rolled Oats
- 56.5g King Arthur Whole Wheat Flour
- 8g Salt
- 32g Refreshed Whole Wheat Mother Starter
- 95g KA White Whole Wheat Flour
- 71g Water
- All of the Soaker and Starter
- 56.5g KA Whole Wheat Flour
- 110g KA White Whole Wheat Flour
- 88g Water
- 14g Walnut Oil
- 21g Molasses
- Evening of Day 1: Assemble the soaker and place it in the fridge. Then assemble the starter and leave it out overnight to ripen.
- Morning of Day2: Combine the soaker with the starter and the rest of the flour and allow to autolyse for 20 minutes before adding the Oil and the Molasses. Then perform three series of stretch and folds at 20 minute intervals before placing the dough in the fridge for 24 hours.
- Morning of Day 3: Take the dough out of the fridge and shape it into a sandwich loaf and allow to properly proof before baking acoording to Reinharts instructions.
I would like to know if this sounds like a good method before i proceed because I would really like to not waste my ingredients.