1 3/4 cup flour (2 cups if using frozen berries)
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and lightly butter muffin tins or line with muffin cups.
1. Beat egg in small bowl. Add oil and mix well.
2. Measure milk and add to egg mixture.
3. Measure dry ingredients and sift into large bowl.
4. Add milk, oil and egg all at once to dry ingredients. Stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Batter will be lumpy.
5. Fill muffin cups ¾ full.
6. Bake until a toothpick stuck in the muffins comes out clean, 15-20 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes before turning the muffins out. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Yield: 9-12 muffins
Prepare batter as above. Gently fold in 1 cup fresh or thawed and well-rinsed blueberries.
Chocolate Chip Muffins
Prepare batter as above. Gently fold in 1 cup chocolate chips.
Prepare batter as above. Fill muffin cups ½ full, drop 1 tsp, jam or jelly in the center of each and add batter to fill cups 3/4 full.