Honey Spelt and Oats with Ancient Grains
This won’t be much of a write up because I used the same recipe and method as my last bake except for the following:
1. I used Roger’s Oats with Ancient Grains instead of plain large flake oats.
2. I added all of the water at the beginning which made for easier mixing.
3. I threw in an extra fold but kept the total fermentation time at 3 hours and 45 minutes.
4. I retarded the loaves for only 8 -9 hours and baked directly out of the fridge.
5. I tried baking for 30 minutes with the lid on and 17 minutes with the lid off.
The last one is because I feel that sometimes the loaves seem to lose some height when I switch the pots from top rack to bottom rack and vice versa when baking 6 loaves at once. I thought that maybe baking a tad longer with the cover on would strengthen the structure of the loaf so they would be more able to handle the move. Seemed to have worked as they came out just gorgeous!
Once again, I am really happy with what is coming out of the oven. I was definitely over bulking and over proofing my loaves!