My First Ciabatta Roll (75% hydration)
Follow the recipe and instruction from Pour le Plaisir with my own adjustment see below.
- Plain flour (protein 11%) 280g
- Yeast 1.4g (0.5%)
- Salt 5.5g
- Water 210g (75%)
- Mix all together and place in an oiled container. In the fridge for 24hr.
- Stretch & fold (directly in the container) for 4 times with 30min rest in between.
- Put back in the fridge for another 4 hr for baking later. Rest at the counter for 2 hr (RT is only 15C) after remove from the fridge.
- Divide into four and shape. Cover and proof for 1 hr.
- Bake at 220C in a convection (fan-assisted) oven for 16 min (*). Turn off and stay in the oven for 4 min.
(*) I place a plate of hot water in the bottom rack and mist with water in the beginning. Cannot generate enough steam...
For a newbie, I'm happy to see many holes inside. However, my shaping is very poor, so my ciabatta rolls are out of shape! XD Need more practice.
Pour le Plaisir's recipe is simple and easy to follow. The hydration is not high, so it's easier for newbies to try.