Last weekend's Multigrain loaf
Here is the link to my recipe, as requested by bread1965
Starter was refreshed for the Experimentation - the next step bake (posted on 17th January) so I had allowed sufficient for this bake as well.
Levain was built the night before and left at room temperature until 13:25 pm
Soaker was mixed the night before as well. I use boiling water, add the salt, mix and allow to cool before refrigerating overnight. It was removed from refrigerator mid morning.
12:25 pm The remaining water was added to the soaker and this added to the bread flour, wholewheat (freshly milled), and gluten flour . This was mixed until all ingredients were incorporated then left 1 hour to autolyse.
13:25 pm The levain was dimpled in and incorporated using stretch and folds. At this point I realised I had forgotten to add the honey, which I usually add with the water. I spread it out over the dough and carried on with stretch and folds. I didn't count how many but until everything is well mixed in. Yes, this is a wet mix but not unmanageable.
13:55 pm first set of 10 stretch and folds in bowl as per Trevor J Wilson's method
14:35 pm 2nd set of 10 stretch and folds
15:15 pm 3rd set of 10 stretch and folds
17:00 pm 4th set of stretch and folds. left to relax
17:30 pm removed dough from bowl, divided into two pieces and preshaped into batard
18:00 pm Final shaping into batards, into floured bannetons, popped into ziplock bags and place in refrigerator overnight.
Next morning, oven preheated along with my 2 DOs to 250 deg C.
Dough removed from fridge, unmoulded onto parchment, slashed and dropped into hot DOs. Baked 15 mins lid on and 15 mins lid off. Temperature was reduced to 230 deg C about 10 minutes into bake otherwise I get singeing on the bottom.
It was a good bake. In past I would probably tried slap and folds, but I am getting good results with this more gentle method.