Aging home ground flour - thoughts?
So, I was reading "The Taste of Bread" by Raymond Calvel, and he suggests aging the flour for 1 to 2 months.
Some of what I will be using in my bread is sprouted grain, so all bets are off. I'm going to wait about 24 hours or so for the moisture to equalize.
For my next few loaves these are my percentages of grains:
50% commercial strong white wheat (Thinking of Farmer Ground AP flour)
Of the remaining 50%:
20% ground sprouted grains
30% home ground flour - Einkorn and Emmer specifically
Of the above 30%, my current thinking is that 80% of that will be home ground and aged 1 month, and the remaining 20% will be freshly ground - for the flavor.
What are your thoughts and experiences?