Baguettes and a blow out!
Another baguette attempt, this time using Trevor Wilson's easy SD baguette recipe. I doubled the recipe and made 4 x 350 g baguettes and a small boule with remaining dough. It was a bit cool and dough was slow, I got hung up on time so I think I did not bulk ferment enough. Still, baguettes are a big improvement on last lot, I used my new larva rocks so although my steam technique still needs improvement I think there was definitely more steam in the oven. The boule didn't fare so well and although I scored the top, I obviously didn't score suffiently. The crumb on the boule was a bit tight and both baguettes and boule felt "heavy" so i think they needed more fermenting or proofing! The baguettes are in the freezer so no crumb shot, we will see when they are eaten.
So there is still a long way to go. Next time I will allow more time and watch the dough not the clock!!!!!