dmsnyder's sourdough take IV (with some edits)
I know I haven't posted in a while, so here's a recent loaf.
Formula was dmsnyder's SF sourdough take IV (http://www.thefreshloaf.com/node/27892/my-san-francisco-sourdough-quest-take-4)
- Bread flour instead of AP (Gold Medal Better for Bread)
- Upped hydration by 3% (To account for higher protein flour)
- Subbed all type 70 high extraction flour in per-ferment (Central Milling, what my starter is always fed)
- Subbed type 80 high extraction flour (Central Milling) instead of whole wheat flour in final dough
- Scaled to 700g (I have a new, smaller, dutch oven)
- Post-shape dough retarded for approx. 48 hours in fridge
- Baked in pre-heated Dutch oven (500F for 12 mins, lid off for 5 mins at 450F, removed from dutch oven and finished on stone for 5 more minutes at 450F
Wish that I had crumb pictures, but the bread was turned into a bread bowl at a party for some spinach onion sour cream dip, and was devoured before proper pictures could be taken.
Thanks dmsnyder for the awesome formula, and happy baking everyone!