Sharing my tool for experimentation and collaboration with bread! Questions for you!
Dear fellow bakers!
I built a tool a few months ago to help me both stay on task while baking and log my experiments as I changed subtle parts of my process.
- SMS alerts at the end of each step
- Modify recipes on each batch
- Log results and get feedback from friends / community.
Anyways, I've been using it and really enjoying it so I decided to add to it and open it up to others.
You can find it here - feel free to play around, add a recipe -- and I should note, it works on your phone! etc: http://www.getleaven.com/
Some questions for you!
- As you make bread, what do you currently log on paper, spreadsheet etc? (temperature, timing, baking percentages (water/flour %), recipe changes?)
- Do you find this tool interesting / helpful? What would you change?
Thanks so much!
A line or two about me - - My career spans professional kitchens as a line cook to the tech industry working as product manager (microsoft, change.org). I still cook for events and roommates - dinners, bread, charcuterie etc etc. and would love to figure out how to share the tech + food products I build with larger communities of people who make great food at home.