Poolish Baguette With Spelt, Rye & WW
Today I stepped up the complexity (for me) at baguettes by adding some whole grain flowers such as spelt, rye and ww. I took David Snyder's advice and added 10% whole grain of the total flour amount. This bake was supposed to be an intermediate practice to baguettes in which I was going to focus more on shaping and slashing. My focus was diverted away from those aspects as I had a mishap during the mixing stage. A glitch with my scale tare function forced me to play guessing games with the amount of bread flour added to the final build. Thankfully, by now I have learned what the general feel of mixed dough should feel like. On top of that issue, I knew ahead of time that I was going to have to add more water to the final build due to the added whole grain flours.
Taking all that into consideration, I think these turned out ok. I think the whole grain flours brought out some extra sweetness compared to the regular bread flour recipe. I wrote everything down, so I will try this one again to practice the shaping and slashing, but without the scale glitch debacle.
This couche contraption is getting rediculous.