Who do YOU share bread with?
I enjoy baking, so I like to bake loads on the weekend - about 12-13 lbs/weekend, which is far more than my sweetie and I can eat in a week. That's why I end up giving away some of it.
This morning, for example, I shared the following:
- 2 x light rye (85/15 white/light rye) baguettes with a friend who I used to be in the military with;
- 1 x light rye baguette with one neighbour who shared a jar of grape jelly his wife made with grapes he grew on the side of his house (this is like growing figs outdoors in Minnesota, so I'm treating the jam like gold);
- 2 x 85/15 whole wheat/dark rye to the same neighbour after he gave me the lovely jelly;
- 1 x light rye baguette to another neighbour down the street, a young couple;
- 1 x light rye baguette to yet another neighbour, who was getting ready to have lunch with her mom and her daughter; and
- 1 x WW/rye baguette to the young couple who grow the wheat/rye/buckwheat/spelt and mill the non-white flour I use.
Who do YOU share bread with? As a gift? In exchange for services/products? Just because?