Kindle as kitchen gadget -- getting a recipe from the computer into the kitchen
This may be obvious to many of you but I am new to e-readers having just gotten a Kindle (the basic model) this week.
One problem I have with having recipes here at TFL on hand in the kitchen is that there is no printer attached to my laptop and not enough space in the kitchen to bring it there. The Kindle can sit right up on top of the bread box while I'm following a recipe. It's great to have the original instead of my cryptic (and occasionally quite wrong) scribbles on the back of an envelope.
I just put Jason's ciabatta recipe on my Kindle by
- blocking the text and hitting <ctrl>c
- opening up a word processor (Libri Office in my case), hitting <ctrl>v to dump the recipe into a document
- saving the document as a text file (.txt)
- attaching the Kindle via the USB to my laptop so it becomes an external drive
- saving the document to "documents" subdirectory on the kindle