Starter died;Made toast
After my starter died, I figured I'd try some old recipes. I figured that I won't add another loaf bread, so I did different shapings.
- The ounce recipe is the original one,
- I converted to grams.
- Times were orignally developed for a 3 speed mixer.
- Scaling is for small rolls, I don't remember the weight I used for the toast.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14607/Pan%20au%20Lait.xlsx (Excel 2007 format)
2nd Trial Crumbshot - Second day crumbshot
Pull Apart Toast Shapes
1. Roll flat with rolling pin
3. Roll into log
4. Cut in the center
5. Line the molds, then lay into mold like cinnamon rolls
7. Spread topping
- Scale individual pieces (IIRC, 120g)
- Roll flat, then fill
- Roll into log
- Fold into "U" shape
- Slice down vertically in the center of the log
- Open and spread flat
- Eggwash, top with assorted toppings
I did end up slicing them the next day and turning into sliced toast, but making another sandwich with more ham and (melty) cheese seemed plausible.
Of course (Gluten-free) cake was for dessert.