My First Loaf with my Brød and Taylor
Based a lot on the reviews I read on The Fresh Loaf, I ordered myself a Brød and Taylor folding proof box last week and it arrived today. It is absolutely amazing -- it's compact, yet large enough to suit my loaf needs; I set it to 85F degrees and my themometer read the temperature as 85.3F, so the temperature control is amazing.
This is my first loaf made with my proof box:
They're currently cooling, and I CANNOT WAIT to cut into them.
For those who are interested, here's the recipe and my method:
360g Water (105-115F)
35g Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
15g Dry Active Yeast
720g Bread Flour
30g Butter, unsalted, softened
- Combined the water, milk powder, sugar, salt, yeast and 360g of flour into the mixer and mixed until incorporated. Added the butter and eggs.
- Stirred in the remaining flour 60 grams at a time and kneaded about 8 minutes.
- Bulk fermented with humidity for about 70 minutes at 85F.
- Shaped into loaves and proofed at 85F for about 20 minutes or so. (it proofed quite quickly!)
- Applied the wash and scored down the middle.
- Baked at 375F for about 35 minutes.
Once I'm able to cut into the loaves, I'll see if I can't update with a picture of the crumb.