[ITJB Challenge] Week 4 - Reading FAIL Almond Horn Version (Errata?)
I'm not dead, it just feels that way. I spent the holidays either travelling or cooking for New Year's, so didn't get around to the challenge until 2012. I made a fatal error, as well, relying on memory instead of looking at the schedule. Thus, we have Almond Horns instead of Almond Buns.
Let me start by saying that I think there's an error in the Almond Horn recipe in that it calls for zero flour. Without flour, as written, it makes a soupy, almondy-eggy batter. I ended up adding 1.25 cups of AP, and it was still flat and runny. If it's not an error, then the egg weights are too high or something.
These ended up tasting fabulous -- but they are more like flat almond sugar cookies than anything else.
I'll work the actual challenge -- almond buns -- into the schedule this month hopefully. :)