I found I have no idea how to knead
So with my SD starters not old enough to do anything I decided to try this recipie
My poolish developed well. It was 1.5 times bigger then 12 hours before. I followed the mixing directions but when it came to kneading it I was lost. Here are some of the things I have questions about:
1. I started in a bowl after mixing and tried to knead it around. I found after 4 minutes my arm tired so much and could not use both. I then moved to a granite counter top (68 degrees F)
2. The dough was so sticky I had a nice layer. How sticky should it be to knead
3. After 7 minutes of kneading and the stickyness not going away I decided to add flour. At what point should I add flour. If my hydration is correct should I need extra flour. If it was raining yesterday in California could that be why I needed more
4. I ended up with a nice ball at the end but the texture looked floured and not glistening.
5. What is the Windowpane test. I could not find a good definition
So at the end I ended up with a dough that when stretched you could see it stretching and I think this is what you want. Any information would be appreciated.