High fibre cookies with nuts
I made these cookies while I was waiting for my bread to proof. These are super easy and taste yummy. The ingredients:
70g. unsalted butter
25g. golden syrup
30g soft brown sugar
90g plain flour
1/4 tsp sale
1/2 tsp baking soda
15g wheat bran
30g rolled oats
50g pumpkin seeds
25g cranberries / raisins
25g. whole almonds with skin, lightly toasted and chopped to smaller pcs.
25g pecans, as above
30g dessicated coconut
1/2 a beaten egg
1-2 tbsp fresh lemon juice (I used 1)
1. Melt butter, syrup and brown sugar together in a small pot over low heat
2. In another bowl seive in flour, baking sod sallt together and mix in all the dry indients (ie. nuts dessicated coconut etc.) Mix well to ensure all ingredients are evenly distibuted.
3. Pour melted butter/sugar mixture over the dry ingredients, add 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice to the dry ingridients and mix until the dough binds into a loose ball.
4. Place spoonfuls of slightly flattened cooked dough onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. (I got 12 cookies out of the dough
5. Bake at 160C fro 15-20 mins till golden brown.
The above batter make 12 - 14 cookes (I made 12 and ate one as soon as they cooled down.