New Norcia Sourdough and an Unusual starter.
New Norcia Sourdough Recipe.
Related post in General Discussion forum.
250ml cold potato water, grape juice, lemon juice or
250 grams stone-ground, wholemeal flour
750 grams baker's flour
15 grams salt
1) Mix together to a thin paste in a plastic or ceramic
2) Cover with a porous cloth (eg: cheesecloth) and
leave near an open window out of direct sunlight for
three to four days. It should have started to ferment
(i.e. bubble) and have a sweet/sour pleasant aroma.
3) Mix in another 250ml water and 250g flour. If not
using within four hours, refrigerate.
4) The starter needs to be fed daily with 250ml water
and 250g flour. Pour off excess starter before feeding.
5) Two to three hours before using the starter, remove
from refrigerator and feed.
1) Mix together and knead well. Let prove for two to
2) Mould into two loaves and let prove for one and a
half to two hours until soft and puffy.
3) Slash and bake at 230 degrees for one to one and
a quarter hours until golden brown and tested hollow.