Now Building The Cob Oven
I am in the process of building a Cob Oven.
Completed are the following:
- 6' X 6' Platform topped with Duarock
- 4' X 4' X 15" Brick Sub-floor (bottom 8" filled with beer bottle/perlite & insulation mud), next 6" filled with crushed rock paver underlayment, 1" or so all purpose sand.
- It took me three days and a lot of adjusting to be happy with the 52 floor fire bricks!
- A skirt of 9 fire bricks now hugs the outer edges of the floor.
- And two Cob walls (right & left sides) 6" thick, 20" high and 4' long
I primise, the pictures will follow very soon.
I was wondering if there are any of you out there in Breadland that would be willing and able to give me a hand with this Dirty, Fun and Tasty project? I live just northeast of Baltimore. I will be working the oven all next week
As a Professional Chef, I can promise you will not go hungry while your here!
All The Best,