I'm a little dissatisfied and happy with today's bake. Yesterday I worked with my starter and proofing, and retarded overnight to increase my sourdough taste.
I've settled on Norwich's More-Sourdough recipe to develop my skills and techniques. Everything went fine, but I think I over proofed my dough in the refrigerator. When I removed my dough and lifted the cover, it deflated somewhat. But, the initial rise was excellent. the link for the recipe is: http://www.wildyeastblog.com/2008/11/05/more-sour-sourdough/
My other mistake was that after the initial preheat of 475 degrees, I put the bread to baked an steam at that temp for 10 minutes. I accidentally pulled my cleaning lock out some and found that the oven was off and the temp dropped to 345 degrees. Trying to save today's bake I reset the temp and kept baking the bread, adjusting the time, but was unable to capture any oven spring. The bread was baked before I was able to dry out for the recommended 10 minutes.
Here's the results, the bread tastes good and has a light textured. I lost the crumb's openness, but I may have overworked the dough slightly while working it into a ball and letting it rest for 20 minutes. However, once I formed it into a boule and put it in the fridge, it more than tripled overnight.
Thought I had the open holes but failed once again: Certainly not like the picture I'm trying to emulate.
Oh Well! Time to feed my starter and get ready for another bake.