Greetings fresh loaf members, anyone have opinions on electric vs a gas powered oven?
Long time lurker here, first time poster. FreshLoaf community is great! Question, I am looking to purchase either an electric or a gas powered artisan oven. Would anyone know the main differences between them?
Here are some points that I have learned....
- much less thermal mass compared to the gas powered model
- can operate at different temperatures at each deck level
- easier to install and transport
- slightly higher operating cost
- electronic issues may be expensive/complicated to fix?
- greater thermal mass than the electric model and therefore less heat loss during reloads
- less operating costs compared to the electric
- installation and transport requires much more effort
- most bread bakeries I have seen seem to all use gas
- all deck levels keep same temperature
- floor may have higher temperature than air to bake other non-bread goods?
- faster heatup time and reheat time the day after
Any advice is greatly appreciated!