New Fidibus Classic mill
I feel a little bad about a post like this, but I just wanted to share the excitment: I received my fidibus classic yesterday, after having "visited" it daily for the last six months! Some preliminary observations:
- At the finest setting, the resulting flour is super fine, more like pastry flour, with smal bran specks (bigger then with the Vita-Mix).
- It is much faster then I thought, based on specs and comments.
- It looks as good in person as the pictures, if not better.
I am looking forward to my first loaves with it this weekend!
One question, for good measure:
- Are there special sifters that can be used to remove the bran, if desired? As it is, it would go through my triple decker regular flour sifter.
- Any special advice about using fresh flour?