I Need advice quick test run baked Chocolate Tiramisu
My wife has a baby shower to attend on 1-09-10. I planed to make two mixed berry cream cheese braids. I saw a food t.v. show on Chocolate Tiramisu and had one of my brain storms. What if I substitute the sheet cake and use the braid dough. Well after reading the formula through I realized that the fillings are not cooked after they are made. I am not knowledgeable enough to know what the effect of baking the filling ingredients will have. even if the test fails as long as it is edible ill be happy. I don't want to make something that has no chance for success since the ingredients are not cheep. I would like to try this tomorrow so if its good i can be ready to make it next week. Here is my plan.
1. The dough I plan on using a 1/3 of a cup of coco powder and bump the sugar to 1/2 a cup. also I may use a few table spoons of orange juice concentrate with the liquid.
2. chocolate mascarpone mousse:
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- *2 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
What would the effect be on baking these ingredients in the braided dough at 350f for about 35min.?
- 4 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon light or dark rum
- 1/4 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
As above would these ingredients be OK baked in the braid?
4. espresso syrup
How I plan to assemble the braid
after I roll out the dough I want to paint it well with the espresso syrup maybe poke Sm holes in the dough ( not sure if this will effect the proof)
then put on a layer of mousse, cover that with the zabaglione Then braid it up. then hit the top of the braid with the espresso syrup. Just before It goes in the oven I will paint the top with egg wash mixed with a bit of the syrup to thin.
That's it guys Please let me know if this sound like it would work. If not they get two mixed berry braids.
As always I am always thankful for the advice i receive here thanks in advance.