I tried the instructions from King Arthur's website this evening to make a pancake/crumpet from sourdough starter. It came out pretty good, a little tough but they tasted good. I removed four ounces as I would to feed it. Added 1/2 teaspoon of sugar and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and baking soda. It foamed up nicely.
After it was cooked I put a little butter on it and cut it into eighths. I put orange marmalade on one "stack" and maple syrup on the other. The syrup was better.
I think I will continue to make at least one every day and accumulate them in the freezer for Sunday breakfast. I wouldn't mind getting a couple of English Muffin rings and try that also.
My starter (Larry) is a pain in the butt so it (he) may not be long for this world.