I made a whole wheat starter over the last 3 weeks, and finally it was time to try it. I made Laurel Robertson's recipe for Desem with 100% WW:
As you can see, the loaf did not have as much height as I had hoped for. The description led me to believe that this would be a very light loaf, but that wasn't true either - this could all be my technical inadequacy, but from other postings on Desem I've found on the net, it seems par for the course. Anyway, I had to slice the bread rather thin because of the dense nature, but it tasted pretty good. I didn't retard the loaf, it was proofed at around 85-90F like the recipe says. Still, it was a bit too sour for me, though (I like my sourdough not very sour). I think next time I need to fiddle with the percentage of starter and size of inoculation so that I get bread that is not this sour.
On the whole, validation of my new starter, and made a new kind of bread - mission accomplished:)