DLX Learning Curve- HELP
I'm having tons of trouble with my new DLX and am looking for some help. Problems
1. Does not seeem to agitate top to bottom very well.
2. Does not seem to produce a smooth dough regardless of how much mixing
3. Inadequate gluten development. Everything seems soupy, regardless of how much I mix. things are sticking in bannetons, spreading more than rising, etc. I put an extra 20% flour in my baguettes and they still seem wet.
What I have been doing
1. Using known good recipes that used to work.
2. Weighing all ingredients
3. Trying various mixer techniques including mix by hand first, 20 minute autolyze, dough hook, roller.
4. Varied sizes of batches
This is driving me nuts. I like the capacity of the mixer, but so far, nothing else. My kitchen aid was producing much better results, but for the fact that it has, in practice, about 1/5 the capacity.