My every day bread
i have used this recipe for many years and it produces a rich, nutty tasting and crusty bread. It's delicious, keeps well, makes great toast and is also dead easy!Enjoy.
140z Strong plain white flour
14oz strong wholemeal flour
6oz sunflower seeds
2 teaspoons salt
1 pack dried yeast
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
1 tablespoon honey
warm water to make a total of 1 pint of liquid (including oil/honey)
1. Place all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl
2. Put the honey and oil in a measuring jug and add warm water so that you have a pint of liquid in total. Mix to dissolve honey.
Add wet ingredients to dry. Mix with a tablespoon until liquid is taken up by the flour. Knead for 5 minutes.
3. Split dough into two equal sized pieces and form each into a rough 'sausage' shape.
4. Place each sausage into an oiled 1lb bread tin.
5. Score each loaf 3 times diagonally across the top of the loaf.
6. Leave to rise somewhere warm until dough is approximately 1 inch above top of tins.
7. Place loaves in the centre of a pre heated oven at 200 degrees and bake for 30 minutes.
8. Turn out loaves onto a cooling rack.