Wonderfully Soft White Bread
Original Recipe was from recipezaar.com, but I've tweaked it quite a bit as far as prep/rising/baking. I've been searching endlessly for the "perfect" wonder bread type texture/crumb, and this one is the BOMB. ;)
1 cup tepid water
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons margarine
1 tablespoon honey ( I used buckwheat honey)
3 cups all purpose flour (I used Robin Hood-Best for Bread-Homestyle White) This made a BIG difference in the texture of the bread.
1/4 cup powdered whole milk
2 teaspoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons SAF Gold Instant Yeast
- Sprinkle yeast on water. Blend till yeast dissolves.
- In this order add: honey, sugar, powdered milk, salt and stir well till blended
- Add margarine and stir well again.
- Add 1 cup of the flour and mix till fully blended (mixture will be like batter) Add remaining two cups of flour and blend with a fork till completely blended. Take dough out of mixing bowl and fold till smooth. Do NOT over work or knead! Just fold and press, fold and press.
- Shape into boule and place in lightly oiled bowl for approx. 1 1/2 hours or till doubled.
- When risen, take out dough and on a floured surface, shape into loaf and place in loaf pan. (again, DO NOT overwork).
- Let rise in a warm place for approximately 40 minutes until doubled in size.
- Bake on centre rack of preheated 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack before slicing.
Here is a picture of the "attacked" loaf. DH LOVES Wonder Bread, and now he's a convert! LOL
They're NOT hot flashes....My body is just vacationing in the tropics!