I just wanted to share a lot of mistakes I made during another batch of "my daily bread".
Actually, I made three mistakes:
- not enough tension (bad shaping)
- too deep and no angle @ scoring
You can see the whole process and a bunch of pictures @
I'll spare you the details and show you the horrible pictures instead :-)
These were the proofed loaves. Looked good, right? Now let's take them out of the proofing basket... Urgh.
Whoops. They flattened like pancakes. I always panic a lot then, but after 15-20 minutes into a hot oven (250°C), they simply *pop* and the oven spring magic has occured:
Yay! Sorry for the bad pictures, I was not able to take one without a part of me reflecting in the glass.
After removing them from the oven, cooling down and slicing:
YESS! They still turned out to be great!
If you're interested in the recipe I used, check out my previous blog entry (it's the 65% wholegrain "my daily bread" thing). I just wanted to share with you guys that if you overproofed your loaves (I constantly do this, hehe), no reason to panick. Provided you did use a fair amount of hydratation and you're baking a wheat-based bread (gluten) of course.