After spending a weekend at my sister's beautiful house up North, I came home with these:
Today I was planning to do a baking test (inspired by Varda) comparing a filone made with Atta and AP-flour against the way I usually make it; with AP and another durum flour that I have that is slightly coarser and pale yellow. The formula is based on Glezer's filone.
I've been using the recipe for the European Peasant bread in 'Artisan Bread in Minutes a Day' and I've come across one problem. During my proofing stage, my outer membrane on my batard tears along one side.
I think this might be due to the higher hydration compared to my other breads, but I've been using this recipe for a while and it just started this. I have been using a baker's couche also, which might have caused it.
Hi!!! This is my first entry here... Though I've been following the fresh loaf for a while. First of all... I'm from Brazil, so you have to forgive my english :) Last night after read David's Ficelles article, and with a poolish fully developed I was in a mood for baking. So I tried to make some bâtards with high hydratation (about 77%) Here are some photos of the adventure!!! Hope you like!!!
Here are the batards I did this morning. They were proofed 15 hours in the refrigerator last night and removed at 8:00 AM. Rise took about 4 hours. Considering they refused to release the couche they turned out really okay. REALLY SOUR, too!