I LOVE wine.
I drink wine every single day.
And, I am addicted to baking bread....
My favorite combination : Wine + Bread = Yum :-)
I added chopped cranberries, too.
Sourdough Wine Baguette & Batard
Thanks to wine and cranberry, it has a nice sweet and tangy flavor and definitely goes well with blue cheese!
I can't stop drinking & eating wine!
Sourdough - Wine Baguette + Batard
Makes 1 baguettes and 2 small batards
102 g 100% hydration starter
287.8 g Gold Medal All-purpose Flour
80 g Water
123 g Red Wine
6.7 g Salt
80 g Dried Cranberries
338.8 g Gold Medal All-purpose Flour (100%)
131 g Water (38.6%)
123 g Red Wine (36.3%)
6.7 g Salt (1.98%)
80 g Dried Cranberries (23.6%)
- In a bowl, mix flour and Wine + Water roughly, cover it with plastic and Autolyse for 12 hours in the fridge.
- Add Sourdough starter and mix by folding dough in the bowl.
- Add chopped Cranberries and mix by folding dough in the bowl.
- Add Salt and Slap & Fold for 3 - 4 minutes or until the dough becomes a ball.
- Bulk fermentation at room temperature, 1 sets Stretch & Fold (1 set = right over left, left over right, bottom over the top, top over bottom) every half hour until enough strength has been developed.
- Let it rise until the dough starts showing the 'activity' and becomes about a third in size. It takes about 6 hours total in winter time (it depends on the season) in my kitchen.
- Put it in the fridge for 16 – 18 hours.
- Pull it out of the fridge and leave it out for 1 hour.
- Divide into 2 equal parts and preshape the dough.
- Let it rest for 15 - 30 minutes.
- Shape into baguettes / batards and place onto a floured couche, seam-side up.
- Preheat the oven to 500°F
- Final fermentation for 45 minutes - 1 hour.
- Score the top of the baguettes / batards using a lame or a sharp, serrated knife.
- Place the bread in the preheated oven, pour the water onto the brick blocks and shut the oven door immediately. Turn down the oven to 480°F, bake the bread around 20 minutes.
- Let them cool onto a rack.
- Ready to eat!
* The time and temperature will be changed depends on the season.