The Fresh Loaf

A Community of Amateur Bakers and Artisan Bread Enthusiasts.

Misc.

Anything else that you want to post here that doesn't seem to have a home

althetrainer's picture

Received my first order

April 26, 2009 - 1:04pm -- althetrainer
Forums: 

Remember I mentioned some friends from work and school asked for my breads?  I received my first order this weekend.  Two dozens of muffins and two medium sourdough WW sandwich loafs.  The muffins were done this morning and the breads are now in the oven.  I won't be making much money off this but I enjoy the fact that people like my breads enough to pay for them.  Also, I will get enough money back to allow me experiment with different things.  I am very excited about this.   

SylviaH's picture

Help! my file browser is loaded?

April 18, 2009 - 6:10pm -- SylviaH
Forums: 

Im trying to post some photos in my blog.  It says download failed...my file browser is full...I can't figure out how to empty it..can anyone help?

Iam not to sharp with PC's sorry!  I think I need to delete all the old listings of downloaded photos and posts.  It says it's full and won't accept anymore photos to many MB used. out of 20 available? 

Sylvia

Eran's picture

Yeast and health

April 17, 2009 - 8:19pm -- Eran
Forums: 

Hello!

I have just stopped following an alkaline diet which banns yeast consumption. My reasons for stopping were the lack of science behind the approach. However, some things remained with me, like the sugar free part of the diet.

However, for a couple of years now I've been suffering from repeating skin rashes on my legs, which improved dramatically while following the diet. I am obviouly not interested in reversing that process. I have been told that yeast (which feeds on sugar) is not highly recommended untill symptoms are gone.

Cooking202's picture

My Favorites

April 17, 2009 - 1:29pm -- Cooking202
Forums: 

have disappeared.  I had trouble signing in today and when I finally did and went to my account all my favorites had one poof!  Now when I put something in favorites and go to check, it's not there.  Can anyone help?  TIA.  Hope it was okay to ask here.

Carol

Danni-loves-2-cook's picture

mixing dough for the physically challenged

April 16, 2009 - 5:49am -- Danni-loves-2-cook
Forums: 

Hi all, 

I recently discovered the joy of bread making from this site while I was out of work on  medical leave. I was using my KitchenAid to mix the dough, but it is getting stressed with this chore and I'm afraid it will burn up if I continue to use it for this. In fact, I'm sure it will. It has gotten warm the last two times I've made bread dough. I'm still not working full-time so I can't afford a new mixer, though I've searched to see how much it will cost. Definitely won't buy a KA again. 

althetrainer's picture

How much to charge for a loaf of sourdough bread?

April 15, 2009 - 5:30pm -- althetrainer
Forums: 

I have shared my sourdough breads with a tight circle of people i.e. school, work, etc.  Now some of these people are asking me to bake breads and they will buy from me.  I am not going to operate a bakery; just to bake a few extra loaves each weekend to provide for those who have asked.  I will make sourdough French long loaf and sourdough wheat sandwich bread because I make these two every week for my family anyway.  I just don't know how much I should charge them.  What would be reasonble for a loaf of sourdough French bread or sourdough wheat sandwich loaf? 

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - Misc.