The Fresh Loaf

A Community of Amateur Bakers and Artisan Bread Enthusiasts.

Misc.

Anything else that you want to post here that doesn't seem to have a home

Royall Clark's picture

Missing book!!

January 19, 2010 - 12:15pm -- Royall Clark
Forums: 

Bummer Dude!  Lost my copy of BBA!!!!! I'm not sure but I think it MAY have been taken out of my car when I parked it to go into the reastraunt supply store. I hope I'm wrong but I've turned the house upside down.... no BBA. Just had to unload to somebody.. Lucky you guys!

Felila's picture

Favorite local honey

January 14, 2010 - 10:00pm -- Felila
Forums: 

My daughter gave me a Whole Foods gift card for Christmas. A few days ago, I entered the portals of "Whole Paycheck" for the first time; I'd been avoiding the only Honolulu store, opened last year, because I'm poor.

It wasn't as bad as I feared. If I shopped carefully, I could find foods that were as cheap or even a few cents cheaper than they are at my health food co-op.

JoMama's picture

Bread Poem

January 14, 2010 - 11:00am -- JoMama
Forums: 

Giving a way a loaf of delicious homemade bread to someone special?  I found this & had to share.

After you wrap your bread, add this poem: 

Thank you for...
Always "rising" to the occasion
Never letting things rub against your "grain"
Being their when I "knead" you
No matter how you "slice" it, you're a "cut" above the rest! 

Martyn's picture

How do YOU use this forum?

January 14, 2010 - 9:27am -- Martyn
Forums: 

I'm fairly new to bread making, so I was delighted to find this forum. After signing up I was amazed at how many folks are actively posting here and at the sheer volume of subjects and threads. After reading a few threads that looked intersting I started to search for posts that gave advice to newbies like me. My introdiction post is slowly turning into a sort of blog, and I have read many of the previous posts of the lovely folk who welcomed me and offered advice in that thread. I also like to look at the photos of other folks creations, it gives me something to aspire to.

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - Misc.